Senior Houdini Character FX Artist
We are looking for Senior Riggers to join us in Sydney for a brand-new Netflix animated film!
The Rigging team will work closely with a variety of departments, to develop, implement, and maintain character and prop assets for use in both Layout and Animation.
February - March 2021
What you'll get to do:
Develop and maintain procedural rig components using a custom Python Rigging API.
• Following a brief to produce complex production ready rigs of a high standard.
• Working with the Modelling Department to ensure that models are suitable for rigging and performance requirements.
• Working with Animators to develop and prototype rigs for a broad range of creative and technical requirements.
• Supporting rigs as they move through the animation pipeline and developing supplementary Animation tools and processes.
• A good artistic eye, and the necessary software dexterity to produce, or correct shapes and models when it might tighten the feedback loop with another department.
What you bring:
• 5+ years' experience working on characters for feature film quality productions.
• Ability to troubleshoot and manage communication during the support phase of published rigs, as they move through shots and departments.
• Able and comfortable working to specs as precisely or as creatively as a brief outline.
• Eagerness to learn and share with your peers, in a development and learning oriented professional environment.
• Proficiency in Python and the ability to navigate a large managed code base, or willingness to learn in a fast-paced technical environment.
• Proficiency with a recent version of Maya, and a strongly node-oriented approach to problems.
The following will be highly regarded, but not required:
• Foundational knowledge of trigonometry and linear algebra.
• Experience with character related simulation (soft tissues and localized secondary).
• Experience with cloth simulation.
Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site