Associate Quality Designer (AQD) - Bioware
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
Who You Are
Quality Designers are individual contributors specialized in important domains of the QA process. Depending on the domain of specialty they will work embedded within the Development organization or on a central/shared group, improve the QA practice across EA and knowledge share across the organization. They have a Quality mindset from a consumer perspective, and advocate in game design and implementation decisions.
• Thoroughly understand, documents, and plans for the test execution of their domain.
• Guide testers in execution of test plans against their domain ownership and reviews results of their testing, providing feedback where applicable.
• Review with other Designers/partners the impact of game features and provides risk-analysis and qualitative feedback to development.
• Propose and implement viable process and measurement solutions within team.
• Articulate trends in a relevant community. Understand what the community wants and expect from a type of game and incorporate that understanding into feedback.
• Breaks down and provides an analysis of the competition. Identify product differentiation and provide impact analysis.
• Provide task breakdown, planning, requirements and time estimates for your assignments.
• Provide input to management team to assist decision-making; help assess project impact of available options.
• Use basic problem-solving techniques (i.e., understand inputs and outputs, use hypothesis setting and testing)
• Work with other Quality Designers.
• Provide mentorship to junior quality designers and testers.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience)
• 5+ years' experience in Data/Product Analysis, Quality Assurance or comparable development experience
• Understanding of quality assurance techniques, frameworks and methodologies
• Agile and Games industry experience
• Experience with software quality assurance concepts, debugging procedures (automated testing experience)
• Understanding of the software development life cycle and how it applies to QA
• Familiarity with PC MMO games