Senior Production Manager, IMDB TV
Culver City, CA US
Prime Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows and is now available in more than 200 countries and territories. We are seeking an experienced media executive to take the lead on many of the processes and feedback loops that are so important as we scale our business globally. This member of the Studios team will work with leaders in Amazon offices around the world, as well as leadership in LA and Seattle.
The ideal candidate is a star when it comes to communication and organization skills. He/she has a high attention to detail and is an expert at building and maintaining internal relationships. This executive will be the glue between the international originals org and the global finance, marketing, content acquisition, localization, production and other internal teams as we launch an increasing number of original productions abroad each year. To support this growth, the leader in this role must be able to 1) drive strategy and planning with a scale for bias yet nuanced to locale, and 2) successfully navigate and Earn Trust across a varied set of stakeholders within Amazon Studios and the greater Amazon company.
- Brings balance of global scale/practice and local Customer Obsession to content planning processes
- Works with business and creative teams in each territory to drive holistic content strategies
- Works with centralized teams to extend learnings, tools and processes to better serve local teams
- Drives capacity and HC county planning for the International Originals org
- Liaison to cross-functional teams (finance, post-prod, localization, testing, etc.).
- Drives ad hoc projects (e.g. localization) which affect our International Original productions
- Hire & Develop the Best – build a team to help execute these varied responsibilities
This job will be located in Los Angeles and reports into the Head of Strategy & Programming, International Originals at Amazon Studios.
• 8+ years of relevant experience in account management, business development, content licensing, or finance
• 8+ years of experience negotiating license and/or business development agreements
• Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree, MBA preferred
- Extensive knowledge of the television and media industry
- Experience working at either a drama or premium television network or SVOD provider
- Experience driving content strategy and managing internal stakeholders
- English required, other languages welcome and appreciated
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with a high volume workload
- Strong writing and excellent communication skills
Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us