Game Designer I
Hyderabad, IN US
We're EA - developers of world-renowned games such as -Madden NFL, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Battlefield, Star Wars, and Plants vs. Zombies. We are committed to creating games for every platform-from PC to Console to Mobile. We pride ourselves in delivering engaging, accessible, high-quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
At Slingshot Games, a division of Electronic Arts India, we delight over 3 million players everyday with our mobile games. We take pride in our live services excellence and execution rigor focused on delivering fun for our players. We are a multi-faceted game development studio where everyone imbibes our key values of tenacity, ownership, passion, collaboration and alchemy.
If this resonates with you and you come from the background of Programmatic Ad Monetization and Revenue Yield Management, we'd love to hear from you and explore opportunities for an Advertising Product Manager role in our studio!
Your job will be to manage a portfolio of existing games and/or new games, ensuring they drive optimal in-game ad revenue through thoughtful ad placements and strategic management of ad networks, exchanges and advertisers. These efforts will have a specific focus on maximizing yield from ad inventory in emerging markets, (i.e. India, Indonesia, Vietnam, Brazil, Mexico, Russia and Turkey).
You will be working along side Game Producers, Product Managers, Data Analysts and other members of a game cross functional team in achieving and surpassing Ad Revenue targets.
As an advertising domain specialist, you have an astute understanding of the advertising business, are able to identify and educate on key trends, guide game teams on the integration of best-in-class advertising solutions and manage a waterfall of strategic ad partners within Google Ad Manager or similar.
Here is what we expect you to do:
• Identify and onboard new ad providers and solutions to maximize ad revenue on a per region/country basis, focused on emerging markets. (India, Indonesia, Vietnam, Brazil, Mexico, Russia and Turkey).
• Manage a waterfall system of ad networks and exchanges on platforms such as Google Ad Manager to drive the highest yield from in-game ad inventory
• Negotiate price floors and CPM deals with 3rd parties to create a competitive auction and drive maximum advertising revenue
• Understand the game & its players, use that information to educate and guide the game team on optimal ad integration touchpoints
• Continuously monitor performance of ad networks/exchanges, report any abnormalities that you notice, flag potential risks and take corrective actions to get the revenue and ad engagement rates back to the optimal levels.
• Work with cross-functional game teams to forecast revenues on monthly/quarterly/fiscal basis and work with the larger advertising org at EA to ensure all revenue forecasts are loaded on to the financial trackers accurately.
• Track and understand critical KPIs such as ad inventory volume, CPMs rates, fill and revenue and ensure the proper stakeholders have access to appropriate reporting of this information.
• Work with Producers, Development Directors, Product Managers to track implementation of ad tech changes on games and educate other game teams across the organization around the best practices.
• Be the point person to track qualitative feedback on players' experience with advertising and work with 3rd party ad networks and exchanges to ensure all in-game advertising is in line with EA's high standards.
• Ensure ad providers SDK and technology are up to date and functioning optimally and oversee/track the fixing or updating of such technology as necessary
You will fit the role if you can tick all the boxes below:
• You have worked extensively (3-4+ years) as a yield management specialist, responsible for maximizing a mobile publisher's advertising fill rates and revenue
• Proven expertise in working with dashboards of ad services providers such as Google, Facebook, Ironsource etc.
• You have worked on identifying and onboarding new ad partners with an emphasis on Emerging Markets (India, Indonesia, Vietnam, Brazil, Mexico, Russia and Turkey).
• Have hands on experience working in an ad server, managing ad partners and maximizing CPMs
• Experience working with reporting tools like tableau is a plus
• Effective Communicator who can tailor communication to a diverse, internal and external audience.