Full Time Job
- Full Time
KHBS/KHOG TV has an opening for a high-energy, highly-skilled weekend meteorologist who will report three days per week. We are looking
for a meteorologist/reporter who knows the science, but can tell a relatable weather
story, as well as a non weather-related story. Our next meteorologist will be an accurate forecaster, keep our viewers
and employees safe, convey appropriate tone, summarize complicated information,
and stay cool under pressure.
• Get our viewers ready with accurate, compelling, and understandable weather forecasts.
• Will provide urgent, immediate weather information before and during severe weather events
• Will be able to simultaneously provide content on TV, for our radio partners, and on our digital platforms.
• Will utilize all the technology and tools available to us, to tell an intriguing weather story
• Will be deployed in the field during weather events
• Gather information
• Summarize fact and clearly communicate content for broadcast
• Previous on-air experience preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of weather science and forecasting
• Proven on-air experience in handling breaking news and severe weather coverage
• Dynamic on-air presence with a conversational weather presentation
• Knowledgeable about how to interpret and translate high powered radar data
• Proficient in using weather graphics and technology
• Excellent forecasting and on-air skills
• Ability to tell a compelling weather story
• Ability to use common television weather systems
• Radar experience preferred
• Ability to do live field reporting on weather and other topics
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Meteorology or related field
• CBM and/or AMS seal preferred
• Military training and experience will be considered
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.
External Application Page
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site