Senior Assignment Editor, Overnight Team
CNN is hiring a temporary Researcher.
• Checking all verifiable facts in reporter scripts and other content for the CNN Networks, CNN Digital and CNN Newsource, including documentaries and some affiliate reports.
• The researchers help manage the workflow of Row Editors and work closely with them on approving scripts.
• They also prepare background information and deep research for special projects and during rolling coverage or breaking news.
• The Row researchers sometimes support field correspondents by assisting package producers.
• This position is pre-eminently an editorial one, demanding detailed up-to-date knowledge of news stories, an ability to find and marshal reliable sources and communicate effectively with show EPs, reporters and The Row Editors.
• Successful candidate will have strong analytical skills, attention to detail, the ability to find answers to very specific questions - as well as an intense interest in events here and around the world.
• Some editorial experience at either university or post-graduation required.
• Substantial practical experience using online sources for research is required.
• Field reporting or production experience at university or post-graduation desirable.
• Prior research experience or experience as a newsroom assistant or AP desirable.
• The ability to work quickly under pressure and collaborate closely with others is essential.
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.