Digital Anchor / Producer
This is the perfect job for an experienced, hardworking, ambitious, self-directed journalist. Day to day, the Digital Enterprise Reporter will file a steady stream of original stories to our website that break news, shed light on hot topics, dig deeper into details and background of breaking stories, and call attention to issues not yet on the agenda. He or she will develop an expertise on specific beats, forging relationships with key sources to keep our newsroom ahead of the curve. This individual should have a strong understanding of how to use social media to publicize stories and to connect with the audience.
The Digital Enterprise Reporter is also expected to be a leader in the newsroom and contribute to broadcast content, such as on-air appearances when necessary. Exception writing skills and mature judgement are both a must. The successful candidate will have at least two years' experience writing for traditional or digital publication and be familiar with AP Style Writing
Re quirements & Skills :
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record
• Flexibility to work any shift
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.