Software Engineer III
Shanghai, CN CN
Technical Director - DRE
Development and Release Engineering are EA's continuous integration and build experts. We are a team of over 100, located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
We pride ourselves on providing automation services to our internal customers - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams.
We are looking for a Technical Director to work in Shanghai and support the DRE Asia team across our studios in China and Korea.
Reporting to the Development Director, you will manage the team's strategic direction and the evolution of the continuous integration and deployment systems for a range of mobile, PC, and web games.
What a TD does at EA:
Your responsibilities will demand experience from multiple disciplines within software development and DevOps. It's essential to be a great communicator since interaction with the game teams is essential to securing a high-quality service.
You will work with the Development Director to negotiate requirements with game team and studio Technical Directors, developing these into detailed backlog items and then working with the team to ensure they are delivered as forecasted.
You will grow your and the team's knowledge, working with other Technical Directors and Senior Engineers as a member of DRE's global Tech Council.
• At least 8 years' experience in Software/Gaming industry
• Experience in technical mentoring and strategic leadership
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Excellent knowledge of Software development, practices and architecture
• Excellent understanding and feel for the full flow of software production
• Experience with CM & CI/CD systems and practices
• Experience in build the pipeline tools (e.g. Jenkins) and source-control administration
• Experience in OO programming languages and scripting languages (e.g. Python)
• Experience in cloud services and container technologies
• Experience in orchestration tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet), telemetry and monitoring systems (e.g. ELK, Splunk)
Ideal Candidate Characteristics
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of Perforce, vSphere / VMware, server Configuration Management
• Knowledge of Jira, Confluence
• Interest and knowledge of agile methodologies
• Ability to travel to EA offices out of China
• Experience in gaming or mobile development industries is a bonus
• Active contributor to the Open Source community
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site