Senior Financial Analyst
Burbank, CA US
This position exists to manage and present accurate, timely and relevant financial reporting, planning and analysis for HBO Max, TNT, TBS, truTV Programming Originals.
With a clear understanding of the industry, this position acts as a business knowledgeable advisor by managing and reviewing forecasts, budgets, long range plans and financial or business analyses that demonstrate the underlying key business drivers and the ultimate impact on the business unit.
The position requires a highly motivated individual that can interact well with co-workers and senior management. This position provides the opportunity to present financial results to upper management. This position will report to the VP of Finance.
• Manage and communicate monthly financial forecasts and monthly variance reports related to the forecast.
• Responsible for Budget and long-range plan
• Provide monthly reporting to Operation Executives
• Work directly with the Accounting group during month end close and P&L review process by providing key variance drivers.
• Provide day to day support and prepare ad-hoc analysis as needed.
• Manage the estimated final cost of production shows at a macro level and work directly with Production Finance as needed
• Proactively identify, develop, and implement enhancements to existing management reporting and business processes.
• Participate in adhoc projects including: implementing and overseeing new business ventures including Co-Productions; liasing between Participations group and Finance; Participations reporting.
• 6 + years of experience in Finance/Accounting
• BS / BA degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA preferred
• Television industry experience preferred
• Excellent analytical capabilities - budgeting, forecasting and modeling
• Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong time-management skills with an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in an ever-changing, deadline-driven environment
• Self-motivated and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines.
• High emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, data analysis, and process innovation.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; strong ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
• History of proactive leadership, positive teamwork and collaboration
• Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and theories of accounting and financial concepts
• Detail-oriented and unceasing curiosity and the courage to challenge the status quo.
• Hyperion, PeopleSoft experience desired
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site