Sr. Manager, DE&I Business Partner
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Mateo, CA
Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Business Partner, Worldwide Studios
The Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) Business Partner, Worldwide Studios (WWS) will report to the Director, DE&I. The position is accountable for building strong, collaborative partnerships with WWS business leaders and HR partners, as well as and other key DE&I stakeholders, e.g., Employee Network (eNet) leaders. The DE&I Business Partner, WWS, will be expected to have the skills to assess the opportunities around DE&I, analyze diversity data, and develop and implement DE&I strategies and tactics.
The strategic focus areas of the DE&I Business Partner will include, but not limited to, improving workforce representation, development, promotion, and retention of underrepresented groups and driving engagement and inclusion for all employees within the Worldwide Studios division. The person in this role will work with members of the DE&I team, WWS business leaders and HR Business Partners, Corporate HR Centers of Excellence, internal DE&I champions, corporate partners and external DE&I thought partners to further enterprise and WWS DE&I strategies. This role includes consultation, data analysis, strategy development and implementation, survey creation and analytics, vendor management, project management, attending internal and external DE&I events and conferences (local, national & global).
Key responsibilities include:
• Assess employment activities such as applicant flow, new hires, terminations, transfers and promotions to identify potential areas of focus and other opportunities to promote DE&I initiatives.
• Engage WWS HRBP's, business leaders, and DE&I colleagues across all regions to assess needs, and address unique opportunities to ensure we are building and executing a global, business-focused DE&I strategy.
• Partner with and influence business leaders and other key partners in the development and execution of WWS DE&I strategies and tactics that align with WWS business initiatives and goals.
• Create and implement measurable DE&I strategies and tactics to achieve WWS DE&I goals and objectives that support business strategies and goals.
• Increase level of DE&I awareness and establish accountabilities to hire, develop, and retain high performing, underrepresented talent within WWS by understanding and communicating diversity metrics, engaging senior level leaders and gaining their commitment to participate in diversity recruiting and targeted development initiatives.
Essential skills and capabilities
Job Knowledge and Scope
• Subject matter expertise in diversity, equity, and inclusion including strategy and program development impacting the employee life cycle and people practices.
• Applies extensive theoretical and cross-functional expertise in the context of company objectives to independently address complex
• Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
• Work is performed under limited direction.
• Establishes own work priorities and timelines.
• May provide guidance and coordinate work activities of other personnel.
Job complexity and decision making
• Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems and
• Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors, including interorganizational
• Regularly exercises independent judgment and discretion regarding matters of significance
• Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters.
• Represents organization as a prime contact on initiatives and projects.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in DE&I, human resources management, organizational development, business or related field.
• Eight to eleven years of experience (or six to nine years with a master's degree) as DE&I leader, DE&I business partner, and/or DE&I consultant.
• Experience supporting cross functional product groups in entertainment, gaming or a tech company is a plus.
• Fast learner, proactive, agility to thrive within a fast-paced environment.
• Adept at working with diverse teams of different cultures and personalities.
• Strong program management and project management skills and the ability to execute on multiple priorities.
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills with DE&I subject matter expertise and experience to provide counsel and recommendations to business leaders and HR in the area of diversity, equity and inclusion strategies and initiatives.
• Strong communication skills including the ability for widespread communication planning and delivery of clear messages to the organization, including senior leaders to help build and sustain awareness and engagement to bring the DE&I strategy to life.
• Excellent written communication and analytical skills.
• Travel as required (approximately 20%)
• Prior entertainment/technology industry experience
• PlayStation fan
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site