Paid Media Strategist
New York, NY
The Media Strategy & Analytics team (MSA) acts as an internal media team that handles the strategy, execution, and reporting of all paid & owned media vehicles with the goal of driving viewership across TV, digital and direct-to-consumer products for all of Discovery, Inc’s 16+ networks (Discovery, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, etc.) and direct-to-consumer products (MotorTrend, GOLFTV, Dplay, etc.).
The Media Science DTC (direct-to-consumer) Analyst is a critical role within the Media Strategy and Analytics team. Working with the Analytics Manager, the Analyst will support the validation of data pipelines from buying, ad trafficking, analytics and measurement platforms and participate in the structure and design of those data sets. The role will also support the media teams with reporting, dashboards and data visualizations to drive business optimizations and insights. Ultimately, the analyst should be able to tell stories by distilling complex data sets into clear, actionable insights for business stakeholders.
The ideal person should have experience in digital media and have a solid understanding of direct-to-consumer business fundamentals in order to connect analysis with business context. Having a background in analytics platforms, ad trafficking systems or data programming languages (SQL, Python, R, etc.) are a plus.
1) Data Structure and Workflow
a. Develop a thorough understanding of MSA’s data environment - data collection, data sources, data accessibility and tools.
b. Assist in developing and validating new data sets, workflows and business logic for direct-to-consumer businesses.
c. Support architectural direction for performance marketing reporting and optimization dashboards to create consistency across products and datasets.
d. Review data, research reports and dashboards for accuracy, validity, and data integrity.
2) Media Campaign Performance Tracking a. Measure and monitor effectiveness of performance marketing campaigns for direct-to-consumer products.
b. Work closely across the media teams to develop KPIs and reporting methodologies / approaches that map back to campaign goals.
c. Build dashboards for automated reporting that analyze key operations and performance metrics and are easily interpreted and shared.
d. Manage media effectiveness and efficiency metrics to establish benchmarks, further optimization, and maintain KPIs.
e. Provide cross portfolio analysis and treading for performance marketing efforts.
f. Explain complex analytical approaches in layman’s terms for non-technical teams.
3) Measurement and Segmentation a. Q/A measurement solutions across buying platforms, ad trafficking systems and direct-to-consumer products.
b. Define test metrics approaches for analyzing data generated by performance marketing a/b testing. c. Analyze lifecycle marketing metrics, including trial and paid customers and remarketing/win-back for performance marketing.
d. Create audience segments based on propensity to subscribe or high-revenue users for acquisition marketing including look-alike modeling.
• BA/BS in marketing, statistics, mathematics, economics, computer science or other quantitative discipline
• 2+ years of work experience with digital data analysis and visualizations
• Background in media trading platforms across multiple digital channels (e.g. search, social, programmatic)
• Experience analyzing data in digital analytics platforms (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics)
• Background in direct-to-consumer products a plus
• Media agency experience is a plus
• High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Experience with querying languages: SQL, etc.
• Experience with data visualization tools: Tableau, Power BI, etc.
• Experience with A/B and multivariate testing
• Understanding of analytical concepts and statistical modeling techniques
• Proficient in interpreting and analyzing complicated, disparate data sets and sharing conclusions and recommendations in a concise way
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a dynamic environment
• Ability to gather and analyze data from a variety of sources
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams to execute on goals.
• Ability to build and nurture strong working relationships with internal and external clients
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site