Full Time Job
Writer / Producer
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job Purpose: NBCUniversal's Owned Television station in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, KXAS TV, is looking for a Newscast Writer/Producer. As an NBC5 Producer, you will be creating content for the most innovative news organization in Texas.
• Build stories and newscasts while working with a team of producers, reporters, and anchors.
• Craft content using excellent writing and editing skills as well as your own unique vision.
• Write/segment produce for a variety of newscasts as assigned.
• Collaborate with newscast directors, promotion teams, graphics artists and newsroom staff to coordinate the production of newscasts.
• Field produce for major event coverage, coordinate with line producers and talent for dynamic presentation of information
• Plan ahead for major coverage and assist/direct booking of satellite interviews, in-person interviews and pacer opportunities to build comprehensive coverage
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Minimum 2 years of local news writing for a broadcast news station
• News producing experience required
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered (Note- job #BR).
• Must be willing to work in Fort Worth, TX, just south of DFW Airport
• Must have the ability to work any shift
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal's Dispute Resolution program
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Ability to create urgent and interesting news copy
• Skilled social media user, who uses Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other platforms to build content and attract viewers
• Proven track record of boothing live events and newscasts
• Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure.
• Knowledge of libel law and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Team player who is flexible
• Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines.
• High degree of integrity and professionalism.
• Intense familiarity and interest in current news events.
• Strong Organizational Skills.
External Application Page
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site