Everyone in our industry has a Motive - an idea they want to bring to life, something they've never seen before in a game that they want to make a reality. This is what drives everyone at Motive. The only limit here is the team's imagination. Motive aims to redefine action games and bring the highest quality creative games to players. What could be better than getting to create the world's next block buster franchise and be part of building a brand-new studio from the ground up? If you are passionate about games and motivated to push your craft further this is the opportunity of a lifetime.
Motive Studios is seeking an exceptional Gameplay Technical Director to join our team. The Gameplay TD will be expected to partner with design leads alongside senior engineering leadership to deliver adaptable technical designs and strategy, precise execution, and balanced risk management to help ensure and maintain the success of a gameplay experience.
What the Gameplay Technical Director will do at Motive
• Work closely with the games Project TD to ensure Technology executes on Vision
• Accountable for the Core Mechanics of the game trough partnering with Design Leads
• Accountable for Mission & Metagame structure partnering with Design Leads
• Ensure quality workflows for the design team
• Create scoped technical gameplay roadmaps and execute against them
• Collaborate with peers on other game teams as well as central technology partners to build shared technology.
• Champions systems and project metric collection, analysis and utilization
• Management of Technical Risks & Mitigation plans within the gameplay domain
• Partners with engineering team to guide technical designs.
Optimizes and maintains software architecture for game, technology, pipeline and tools
• Audits development plans including technical designs, processes, resource usage, task estimates, quality and risk for technical completion and quality
• Provides trouble shooting, debugging and problem-solving assistance
Who You Are?
• Extensive experience in leadership positions with technology backgrounds, or experience as a technical director/gameplay lead programmer in production of large high-quality game(s)
• Proven experience building scalable, stable, and secure architectures, ideally in a live service environment
• Strong mediation, diplomacy, time-management, and conflict resolution skills
• Excellent coding and debugging skills
• Deep experience with a breadth of programming languages and tools. Expertise in C++ required.
• A passionate gamer with an interest in following the advancement industry technologies
• Exceptional communication and leadership abilities
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great benefits packages and a culture that is powered by creativity.
At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.