Pipeline TD - Layout / Animation
Sydney, NSW AU
Are you an experienced Development Lead who will provide leadership to one or more Pipeline development teams through specification, design, implementation and delivery of software and tools?
The successful candidate will interact regularly with technology departments, leads in the various production departments and will be directly involved in the development and maintenance of software used by artists in various craft departments.
The Development Lead will be responsible for the overall planning and development processes, technical architecture and quality standards, in addition to hiring, career development and coaching of team members.
You will have experience in the visual effects/animation industry, an excellent ability to communicate effectively with both technical and creative crew, and demonstrated capability to drive technology forward in a production environment.
What you'll get to do:
• Lead global teams of software developers (distributed across Sydney and Vancouver) who are building and integrating applications and libraries to support our studio pipeline/workflows
• Liaise with vendors, technology providers, and partners that are directly connected to the systems and tools maintained by the development teams
• Prototype and design relevant software systems
• Contribute to design and oversee implementation of cross-project technical solutions
• Work with program managers and technical leads to develop roadmaps and technical plans for projects or ongoing development
• Monitor status of development work and mitigate any deviations, where possible
What you bring:
• A post-secondary qualification in Computer Science or related
• 2+ years team leadership experience
• 8+ years VFX or Animation pipeline development experience including knowledge of:
• Python and C++
• APIs of a number of industry standard DCC applications such as Maya, Nuke, Houdini etc, and an understanding of how to build tools using them
• Scene description formats, such as Pixar's Universal Scene Description
• Agile methodologies
• Continuous integration/deployment experience
• Previous technical leadership and mentorship experience across multiple teams
• Demonstrated experience working with internal or external clients
• Previous experience gathering and documenting requirements
• Successful delivery of team projects to a schedule
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• An understanding of the current state of modern software development practices and issues
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site