Associate Product Analyst
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
We're EA-the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles-Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform-from social to mobile to console-to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and masscasual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
The EA Mobile portfolio encompasses some of the most recognizable entertainment brands in the world, including titles such as The Simpsons, Tetris Blitz, SCRABBLE, MONOPOLY, Plants vs Zombies 2, Real Racing 3, Dungeon Keeper as well as online games destination Pogo.com.
The Hyderabad office represents one of EA Mobile's largest development organizations with more than 700 passionate mobile game experts involved in game development, testing, production and distribution. The game development studio is a team within this organization that is committed to building and running live services for some of EA's top games.
Our vision is to be EA Mobile's center of excellence for Live Services and help grow the footprint of casual games in the market.
Here are the values we truly believe in:
Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary
Ownership – Get things done
Passion – Passionate about the art of making games
Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks
Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do
Associate Product Analyst rolls into the Product Management function within EA and is a key element of the Game Atomic Unit - the core unit that builds the game. Building games involves a healthy balance between Art & Science and the Product Analyst is able to assimilate huge volumes of data captured from the players and translate it into meaningful insights to the team.
How would your day look like:
• Utilize relevant product and industry knowledge to evaluate latest technology solutions (SDK's)while serving as a strong cross functional leader.
• Leverage techno functional expertise to work with other Product Managers across game titles and improve the effectiveness of our telemetry, game analytics platform and quality of automated reporting.
• Execute projects and optimize workflows involving quantitative analysis & research while driving strategy towards long term vision
• Uncover data trends to gain player insights on new & existing products
• Work with multiple teams across EA offices and take ownership on projects as required
Who fits the bill:
• Ability to work both as an individual contributor and a team player while working actively with cross functional teams on strategies for executing, measuring impact, communicating results, and automation
• Strong critical thinking, analytical bent of mind and exceptional problem-solving skills
• Gaming or Web start-up environment and Product perspective a big plus
• Experience with BI, data mining & visualization tools (Microstrategy, Tableau, R, Teradata, MySQL, HiveQL etc.) and statistical software (SPSS, SAS, R) and Hadoop a plus
• Passion for gaming and understanding of freemium mechanics in social and mobile games
• Extremely Accountable, ability to multitask and work in a dynamic environment
• Background in statistics, software engineering, database administration or other quantitative disciplines is highly valued
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills