Full Time Job
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the world’s leading entertainment and sports agency, with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, London, Munich and Beijing. Founded in 1975, CAA represents many of the most successful professionals working in film, television, music, theatre, video games, sport, and digital content, and provides a range of strategic marketing and consulting services to corporate clients. The core area of CAA in Munich is Emotional Brand Building, Sports Marketing and Consulting as well as Brand Engagement, Strategy Development, Event Management and Social Media.
- Maintaining, interpreting and reporting of timely and accurate financial data
- Ownership of all financial data in Datev system including coding and month end
- Management of revenue and cost trackers used by the leaders & finance team for financial planning
- Calculation and management of month end & journal preparation including accruals, prepayments and WIP
- Preparation of monthly US GAAP management accounts using Microsoft 365 (AX) for submission
- Monthly submission of meaningful Balance Sheet and P&L variance analysis
- Preparation and analysis of variances to budget/forecast; commentary on business drivers
- Preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations and resolution of action items
- Preparation of management information, cash flow & working capital reporting
- Support project managers with monthly project finance meetings to review P&L and profitability for each project, ensure cost recovery is complete & accurate to maintain fee level
- Calculation and management of accruals, prepayments and WIP
- Developing and applying knowledge of CAA’s business to provide value-added analysis and support to the business
- Management and control of Corporate card process and expense submission
- Supporting the annual financial statement preparation process under IFRS
- Oversight of quarterly VAT and GST returns
- Oversight and management of Bank accounts and relationship with Bank
- Review and approve payments out of the bank account
- Work closely with the London Finance & System teams on any changes to the accounting system
- Maintain the German entity Fixed Assets Ledger, including review of system depreciation calculations, impairment testing, disposals and reporting
- Review & implementation of internal controls within the department
- Support Legal and Business Affairs Executive as needed
- Be the central point of contact for London & US Finance and Legal team
- Other duties as requested by the Finance Director, UK & Europe
Qualifications & Experience:
- Datev experience essential
- Fluent German & Business English level speaker essential
- ACA / ACCA Qualified or equivalent, with a background working within Audit
- At least 3 years' post qualification experience in an Accounting role, ideally within a Sports business, having worked with an array of financial and non-financial stakeholders.
- Knowledge of German GAAP and US GAAP (IFRS desirable)
- Experience with multi-currency reporting
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Strong organisational skills and ability to multi-task and deliver high quality work to deadlines
- Credibility to liaise and engage with senior management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to articulate clearly key finance items to non-financial stakeholders
- Methodical, diligent, accurate and accountable
- Ability to challenge the status quo and drive improvement through change
- Team player with a positive attitude, who wants to work in a growing and dynamic environment
- General interest in the field of Sports & Entertainment
Please provide complete and legible information. An incomplete application may affect your consideration for employment.
Creative Artists Agency, UK Limited (the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy and maternity or any other legally-recognized protected basis under UK law.
The Company also complies with applicable laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities. Please inform the Company’s Human Resources Department if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
CAACreative Artists Agency (CAA), is the world’s leading full service entertainment, media, and sports agency. We represent many of the most successful professionals working in television, film, music, theatre, video games, sports, and digital content.
External Application Page
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site