Integrated Planning Manager - APAC
Works with EVP International Marketing to ensure seamless delivery of the Home Office International Marketing vision across the APAC region, guiding the development, planning, and execution of theatrical marketing and publicity campaigns for all films. Working alongside Home Office International Theatrical Marketing Department and with Singapore based regional marketing staff, to ensure that all plans reflect local market strategies, nuances and needs.
Guides strategy discussions and sets priority APAC markets with distribution department to optimize theatrical marketing campaigns and box office across the region. Supports EVP International Marketing by managing communication with APAC Offices on a broad range of strategic issues both operational and film campaign related.
Serves as senior representative of the Theatrical Marketing division for company-wide efforts, key APAC-based internal WarnerMedia divisions and external stakeholder relationships to communicate theatrical strategies and plans.
Essential job functions
• Works with EVP Int'l Mktg, key members of home office team and local teams to develop overall APAC theatrical marketing and publicity strategies.
• Manages communication, planning & implementation of overall campaign strategies for the region.
• Works closely with marketing directors in key APAC territories (Korea, India, HK, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia…) in the planning and execution of campaigns in addition to the identification of strategic concerns to be addressed with home office team to ensure local market needs are met to maximise box office/profit and strategic goals.
• Supports marketing teams in all APAC countries to ensure campaign strategies are communicated, local marketing and publicity issues and needs are understood and addressed.
• Works closely with home office and APAC distribution teams and other marketing and distribution heads in affiliate and licensee territories in the region to effectively plan and execute campaigns including assessing budget levels to maximise company goals.
• Communicates with key external stakeholders and cross-divisional teams, serving as an APAC representative for Theatrical Marketing with in-depth knowledge across all aspects of the theatrical campaign and departmental activities.
• Maintains constant communication with all major territories to ensure that overall marketing strategy works to make the necessary local market adaptations where required.
• Builds, manages, develops, motivates and evaluates APAC regional marketing and publicity staff.
• Collaborates with marketing and PR teams in other WarnerMedia to divisions to ensure activity is consistent with WarnerMedia strategic priorities across the Studio and Networks and International divisions.
• Develops and maintains strong relationships with all APAC AT&T and WarnerMedia divisions and management.
• Supports EVP International Marketing in development and implementation of any additional assignments and projects as required.
• Previous marketing experience directly related to the motion picture industry.
• Experience dealing with multiple international offices, languages and cultures required.
• Must have a robust command of global marketing.
• Must have assertiveness and command of perspective in broad global marketing and publicity considerations.
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of APAC markets pertaining to marketing, media or public relations.
• Must have the ability to build, develop and retain a new high-performing and highly engaged team.
• Must have the ability to garner respect and cultivate a team-based environment.
• Must have cross-functional knowledge of Theatrical Marketing departments.
• Must be knowledgeable about and have had experience dealing with the international marketplace.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with filmmakers, senior executives, colleagues, vendors, clients, talent and other levels of personnel, both oral and written.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person, on email and phone.
• Ability to organize and schedule work and staff effectively.
• Work well under time constraints, demonstrating agility and quick decision-making.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be a leader in forging relationships.
• Must be a forward-thinker with knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and languages.
• Ability to travel internationally.