Associate, Post Production Finance
Los Angeles, CA US
More countries and more Originals means more localization, post production, and finance-related workflows. We are looking for a finance professional to partner with our Post Production teams on end to end finance operations. The position will reside in the company's Los Angeles office and will report to the Manager, Finance Operations in Los Angeles.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone that has a solid understanding of accounting treatments related to content creation, knowledge of the P2P workflow, and experience with developing strong cross functional relationships with business partners across various Post Production functions, FP&A, Accounting, and IT teams.
Visit our culture description and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team
In this role you will partner with the following cross-functional partners:
• Business Owners - Execute all finance related tasks (end to end procure to pay support, reviewing contracts, vendor management, creating purchase orders, reviewing invoices, expense reporting) and be an embedded partner and active contributor across various Post Production teams.
• Accounts Payable - Create POs where applicable and provide non-PO invoice coding to enable timely and accurate invoice processing and accurate financial reporting.
• Accounting - Drive an accurate and timely month-end close by owning the accrual process and explaining variance drivers.
• FP&A - Ensure accurate coding to provide meaningful reporting and identify opportunities to use data to drive business decisions.
• IT - Design, simplify, and automate finance and payment workflows and partner on system enhancements to help automate workflows to scale.
• Communicating with Post Production teams to obtain an understanding of the services being procured from our vendors and the status/timeline of delivery of services.
• Working cross functionally with regional counterparts to help drive standardization across the areas that you support where there is a regional presence
• Setting-up purchase orders (PO's) in to ensure appropriate classification of expenses to enable financial reporting and analysis.
• Driving projects that help to simplify and automate manual workflows. Actively participate in system features development and user acceptance testing.
• Managing vendors and invoicing processes: ensuring timely billing, approving invoices, and working with Accounting to ensure accuracy of accrued services.
Qualities We're Looking For:
• 4+ years of relevant Finance and/or Accounting experience
• Experience with purchase orders, as you will deal with these on day 1 and look for ways to optimize the workflows
• Ability to take ownership of tasks while handling competing priorities
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to navigate large data sets
• Strong communication skills, business acumen, and the ability to lead cross-functional meetings
• Relationship builder - Ability to cultivate strong cross functional relationships and communicate effectively with team members and business partners
• Strong enthusiasm for implementing systems and processes
• Curiosity and passion - Our team members ask probing questions, challenge the status quo, make changes to improve processes, and have fun while doing it; having a positive attitude and never settling for ''good enough'' are key
• Adaptable - You are comfortable in an ever-changing ecosystem of content, finance and accounting issues and projects
Extra dose of awesomeness if you have:
• Industry experience in a studio environment (especially Post Production)
• ERP systems experience - experience with Workday Financials and Tableau
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA and/or CPA