Senior Distributed Systems Engineer - Telemetry
Los Gatos, CA
The Corporate Systems & Services (CSS) team at Netflix is focused on improving the employee experience, collaboration, and productivity of our global employees and support teams. We provide a wide portfolio of enterprise systems and software as a service (SaaS) from Active Directory and G Suite to Zendesk and Slack. As a centralized engineering team responsible for helping Netflix employees with how they work, we aim to remove friction, simplify workflows, automate, and provide technical solutions so they can focus on bringing engaging stories to our members all over the world.
Ever deploy G Suite to tens of thousands of employees? Or have you set up G Suite to integrate with Workday, Zendesk, Slack, or other systems before? Have you published your own custom G suite extensions, marketplace add-ons, or are you just an expert with the Drive API? We'd love to meet you.
We are looking for a senior software engineer experienced with supporting and developing on G Suite. As Netflix evolves, so has our demand for customizing and automating G Suite to meet the needs of our internal teams and external users. You will work closely with our technical program managers, third party vendors, and business stakeholders across all of Netflix to enhance G Suite to meet their immediate needs and solve their long term goals. You will develop, simplify, and automate workflows utilizing G Suite APIs and middleware, enhance the interoperability of G Suite through integrations of internal and external applications, and through custom add-ons, extensions, and applications. While the majority of your time (75-85%) will be spent focusing on G Suite, there will be other engineering projects that you will be engaged with to keep things fresh and your skills sharp!
• Be the technical engineering lead of our G Suite environments
• Configure, customize, and engineer G Suite to extend beyond its core functionalities
• Automate manual workflows and redundant processes
• Develop, deploy, and test API integrations with other platforms and web services
• Partner with internal business units to understand and develop complex solutions to meet company needs
• Fully document engineered solutions and workflows
Desired skills and background:
• Hands on experiencing managing large G Suite infrastructures at scale using only the admin console and API (no 3rd party tools like Bettercloud)
• Strong knowledge of Google Admin SDK and G Suite APIs
• Full stack application development knowledge (UI/REST API)
• Strong knowledge of Google products including Chrome Enterprise, Vault, CFM, Mobile, etc.
• Experiencing working with Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services
• Knowledge of best practices around data and engineering security
• Experience with SSO integration (Ping) and OAuth flows