Los Angeles, CA
It's a thrilling time at Netflix as we continue to expand our business globally. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about our unique Netflix culture as well as the milestones we will achieve in the future.
Netflix is seeking an Associate to be part of the Minors, Immigration and Diligence group. Our team advises on and oversees compliance globally for productions and PR/marketing activities with respect to immigration requirements, child labor laws, and diligence (which can include background checks, psychological evaluations, and medical testing). The successful candidate has prior experience in a legal and/or entertainment setting, is self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple diverse responsibilities while maintaining an unwavering attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast-paced role with growth potential that requires curiosity and significant initiative.
• Conducting research regarding immigration and child labor requirements globally, and consolidating learnings into digestible/shareable formats for internal and external partners.
• Preliminary review of background checks and psychological evaluations for show participants and crew.
• Preparing and/or reviewing legal documents for signature and the coordination of signatures (e.g., immigration petitions, minor court affirmation forms).
• Creating, managing, and updating all trackers, forms, dashboards and spreadsheets, and keeping a constant flow of communication to maintain alignment with third-party production partners and internal stakeholders.
• Coordinating with cross functional teams to leverage new technology for the team.
• Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned.
To Be Successful:
• You've done this before. Meaningful experience (3-5 years) at a production company, studio, or law firm (entertainment, employment, or immigration). Possible backgrounds include experience as a junior counsel, paralegal, or coordinator in immigration, employment, and/or entertainment.
• You have experience researching international laws and policies--a plus but not required.
• You exercise great judgment and can articulate sound reasoning for decisions.
• You have strong attention to detail and an ability to work well with changing information.
• You are able to look beyond the task at hand and issue spot for larger potential implications, adjusting and seeking additional context accordingly.
• You possess excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills and understand the necessity of prioritization while also making sure everything gets done.
• You are effective and concise in your communications and have strong interpersonal skills.
• You are a team player who acts with a sense of urgency and adapts to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
• You are resourceful and take the initiative to seek internal and external resources when problem solving.
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 195 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site