Full Time Job
Director / Operations Technician
- Full Time
WGAL-TV Hearst Television's NBC affiliate in Lancaster, PA has an opening for a full-time Director/Operations Technician for our station's live fast-paced newscasts. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of broadcast operations and production activities. Candidate will be involved in various aspects of TV broadcasting operations. Operations Technicians will operate studio television cameras, audio consoles, Live Ops switching gear, and other duties as assigned. The applicant will have training on how to operate our equipment but the applicant should already possess knowledge about the directing process and television program production in general. The duties will be varied and will not be limited to directing.
• This person is responsible for the operation of the equipment used to produce our newscasts.
• Candidate must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• The applicant hired will be working very closely with the News Department and will interact with producers and talent & must always remain focused.
• Can work flexible hours and shifts including holidays and weekends in support of our 24/7 broadcast operations.
• Employee will be responsible for clean technical execution of the overall look of the newscast.
• Ability to call and punch a newscast.
• Must be willing to work schedules that include early morning hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Applicants must be reliable, punctual and have dependable transportation.
• Excellent attention to details; strong computer skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Successful applicant will be a strong self-starter, team player, and goal oriented.
• Experience with live or broadcast technical directing and equipment a plus.
• Knowledge of television audio systems will be beneficial
• College Degree in Broadcast Communications or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
• Military training and experience in related field will be considered.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.