Pipeline TD - Layout / Animation
Sydney, NSW AU
Want to work in a movie making team? Would you like to work with both highly creative and technical people in a creative, dynamic and fast paced environment? Animal Logic is looking for a Systems Engineer – Infrastructure & Storage to join the IT infrastructure team.
As a Systems Engineer you will be involved in all areas of the IT Infrastructure operational activities (security, virtualization, Linux/Windows server environments, network, storage etc), and take actions to ensure maximum performance, availability and reliability of the supported platform/technology.
This role has primary ownership for Storage hardware and software installation and configuration; upgrades and patches; monitoring; documentation. You will maintain focus on the storage-related operational activities, take actions to ensure maximum performance, availability and reliability of the supported platform/technology.
The successful candidate for this role will be able to use their storage experience to proactively problem solve and to guide other engineers in this domain.
It is important to note that they will also have solid experience in other fields of systems engineering and be able to assist in these areas when required, as this is a compact and agile team.
What you bring:
• Proven experience planning, installing and administering NAS environments with a concurrent mixture of SMB and NFS clients. Strong experience with at least one of Dell/EMC Isilon or NetApp FAS storage in a NAS environment is essential.
• Demonstrated experience in capacity planning, performance and tuning, volume and file systems management, clustering, replication and mirroring, backup/archive and recovery solutions, high availability and storage consolidation/migration.
• Knowledge of information life-cycle management concepts and best practices.
• Ability to design, code, test and enhance scripts for automation and management of architecture services (e.g. Python, Shell, Powershell).
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, sound work methodology.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated SFIA skills
• Display Resilience and Courage: Level 2 (Intermediate)
• Deliver Results: Level 2 (Intermediate)
• Plan and Prioritise: Level 2 (Intermediate)
• Think and Solve Problems: Level 3 (Adept)
• Project Management: Level 3 (Adept)
• Demonstrated SFIA Levels of Responsibility
• Autonomy: Level 4
• Influence: Level 3
• Complexity: Level 3
• Knowledge: Level 4
• Business Skills: Level 4
The following will be beneficial:
• Experience with High Performance Computing environments.
• Working experience in a number of other technical areas (e.g. virtualization, Network services and protocols, cloud connectivity and security, Linux and/or Windows server infrastructure, Active Directory, NAS storage, file systems, file/folder permissions, DFS).
• Strong interest and knowledge of information security standards, technologies and practices.
• Ability to provide direction to others in analyzing and solving system and workflow issues and problems.
• Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of significant scope.
• Bachelor degree in Information Science or a related field.
Other responsibilities include:
• Implementing and supporting a wide variety of software and hardware including but not limited to:
- RedHat/CentOS Linux and Microsoft Windows for desktop and server
- VMWare vSphere and Horizon
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Dell, Brocade and Cloud Networking
- Network Monitoring and Centralized Logging
• Working as an active team member for joint success of a project, taking responsibility, and providing timely updates, documentation for assigned action items and deliverables.
• Providing input for the preparation of the department's operational budgets for the fiscal year.
• Sharing knowledge and providing best practices.
• Providing technical/cross training to team members and other IT teams or departments as needed through informal and formal training sessions.
• Encouraging collaboration and communicating well with peers.
• Working with various stakeholders and clients to come up with efficient and effective suggestions/solutions.
Please include in your application:
• Cover letter
Please apply if you are eligible to work permanently in Australia.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site