KCRA has an opening for a part-time experienced broadcast Operations Technician. The Operations Technician maintains the technical integrity of the station's on-air signals and its equipment from acquisition to distribution. The Operations Technician will be responsible to communicate effectively with the production department, as this is integral for a smooth outcome of newscasts. This position supports all station efforts in-house and on remote location.
• Operate robotic cameras and studio floor directing.
• Master Control Operations.
• Moving and handling of props and sets during in-house and on-location productions (this could mean assisting in moving heavy equipment).
• Maintain appearance of studios including cleaning of set and floors.
• Maintain and understand lighting grid and control board with knowledge to maintain proper programming. Ability to climb ladders to change light bulbs and adjust fixtures as needed.
• Dress microphone's and IFB's for all on camera appearances.
• Basic multi-media computer skill and familiarity with current internet technology including downloading of materials for promos and commercial client spots.
• Assist with promotional effort at station-sponsored community events as assigned.
• Work as needed in control room in technical positions (including camera control, audio and TD).
• Non-linear editing as needed for TV News-Creative Services Productions.
• Other duties as assigned by the TV Operations Manager.
• Must have a solid background in operation of broadcast television systems and equipment.
• Experience with Master Control Operations, Studio Robotics Systems, Video Servers, Content Acquisition and Preparation, Audio Console Operation, and Videotape Operations
• Flexibility to work various days and shifts as assigned.
• Ability to work effectively with other team members.
• Ability to perform with accuracy while under pressure.
• College Degree preferred but not required
• Equivalent work experience.
• Military training and experience will be considered.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site