Vice President Of Software Development, Quality Engineering
Hulu’s Technology team is seeking a Vice President, Software Development to lead the Quality Engineering team. As the Head of Quality Engineering, you will own the strategy to ensure that quality is driven into all aspects of Hulu’s end to end solutions and its many components. The right person for this role will serve as the quality champion ensuring all components come together in a way that meets the high bar that our customers demand. If you are someone who can serve as a company steward, who is also dynamic, innovative, and can drive state-of-the-art solutions to the organization, then this is a great role for you!
What you'll do
• Lead the Quality Engineering organization, with offices in Santa Monica, Seattle, and Beijing.
• Actively participate at a senior executive level across Hulu to build and drive the organization's vision and roadmap.
• Standardize quality processes including test plan development, test documentation, test metrics, monitoring, and reporting.
• Partner with Product, Design, and Engineering to define quality criteria and metrics. Champion continuous improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives to deliver the highest quality experience for our viewers.
• Hire outstanding Quality Engineers, retain top-talent, and build inclusive and healthy teams. Evolve the organizational design of the QE team to best meet the needs of our Product and Engineering roadmaps.
• Promote a culture of quality across Hulu. Everyone has a part to play in delivering high quality experiences to our viewers and you will champion this mindset and serve as the thought leader for the company.
What to bring
• 15+ years of software engineering management experience with 10+ years of focus on Quality Engineering.
• Experience developing and leading a Quality Engineering charter and practices including but not limited to crafting test plans, automated test scripts, reporting defects, integration testing, functional testing, UAT, performance testing, regression testing, API testing, and backend testing.
• Track record of improving engineering processes across large teams with success in implementing Agile and test-driven methodologies.
• Has excellent communication skills and the ability to present both business and technical information to a wide audience including customers, peers, and team.
• Proven ability to ship large scale projects with an emphasis on quality, security, scale, and high-availability.
• Strong ability to identify, hire, and grow talent.