Gameplay Technical Director
Montreal, QC CA
SAA1 (Senior Audio Artist 1) - VO/Speech
EA Create Audio is an award-winning team creating audio content for numerous titles within EA STUDIOS and focused on uniting creative talents and technical expertise to drive industry leading audio. There are many exciting projects underway and we produce progressive audio content for in-game products from multiple studio locations.
The EA Create Audio team has a full-time Senior Audio Artist opportunity to lead VO/Speech at our Motive studio in Montreal, Canada and creatively contribute to our future IPs. Motive is a new creative-driven studio led by a team of industry veterans incubating some amazing projects aimed at redefining action games and bringing the highest quality innovative games to players.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This candidate will work within the Audio team and collaborate with all other aspects of game development (e.g. Narrative, Art, Animation, Engineering, Design, Production, Marketing) to push the quality bar for game VO.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for video games, with an overwhelming drive to create a world class audio experience. In collaboration with others, your responsibilities may include:
• Overseeing the final quality for all speech in the game.
• Collaboration in the design of innovative narrative systems.
• Help with scheduling and budgeting actors and sessions.
• Defining deliverables and owning the delivery schedule.
• Help with recording speech, from walla to the main characters.
• Submitting final EQ'd and mastered game VO on or before required deadlines.
• Helping define and implement dialogue processing workflows.
• Implementation and tuning of contextual and story based speech.
• Bringing out the best in your team members and building a stronger audio community within EA.
• Building a good rapport with the game dev team and advocating for audio.
• Collaborating and communicating with multiple studios across the world.
• Seven years game audio experience, working on VO for at least three shipped AAA console titles.
• Expert dialogue editor, with experience creating dialogue mastering chains and batch processing workflows and ability to manage vast libraries of content.
• Experience in ADR, Voice Direction and/or Localization.
• Broad experience using game development tools, technology and pipelines.
• Experienced with database software (MS Access preferred) and MS Excel.
• Strong logic/scripting skills.
• Strong artistic, creative, and mixing sensibilities.
• Strong communication skills.
• Self-motivated and works well as part of a team.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefits packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.