Full Time Job
Senior Director, Global Digital Business Finance
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
The Senior Director, Global Digital Business Finance manages a team responsible for various financial and operational functions relating to global digital deals. He/she is a primary finance contact, provides management reporting and analysis, and is responsible for compliance and successful completion of other operational functions the team performs. The position requires strong problem solving skills, project management expertise, and sound leadership qualities. He/she will be expected to multi-task and work effectively without guidance and be a leader to, not only his/her team, but also to business unit reporting and royalty teams, multiple IS&T teams, and offshore processing teams.
• Oversee day-to-day management of the finance reporting and digital revenue processing teams to ensure all monthly and quarterly tasks are completed and all SOX-related tasks are completed timely.
• Manage the finance reporting team to ensure timely communication and posting of monthly revenue accruals worldwide. Supervise activities such as completion of the A/R aging and deferred revenue review, as well as customer invoicing for digital partners.
• Managing the digital revenue processing team to ensure data validations are done accurately and timely, as well as leveraging off-shore resources to maintain efficient operations as needed. Gain an in-depth understanding of data flow across multiple internal systems to serve as a point person for data structure as it relates to digital deals.
• Have a thorough understanding of company guidelines in the context of day-to-day operations to ensure the team continues to comply with all requirements, both in financial reporting as well as revenue processing.
• Work with Business & Legal Affairs (BLA), Business Development (BD), and Global Tax Office (GTO) to gain an understanding of digital deals and reporting requirements. Guide the team on operationalizing the agreed reporting and invoicing terms.
• Provide BLA, BD, Sales, and other internal departments visibility to overall compliance of partners especially when deals approach end of term or is being renegotiated. As needed, conduct regular meetings with partner and relevant internal departments when reporting challenges exist to aide partner back to compliance and/or good standing.
• Support Business Units with special handling requests, understand business requirements and successfully communicate to other departments impacted by necessary changes. Requests can vary from special reporting, to tax inquiries, royalty administration, financial reporting or presentation, or other revenue related concerns.
• Drive initiatives that continue to create efficiencies in current processes and strive for process harmonization across upstream and downstream systems and project initiatives.
• For projects already in-flight, oversee project implementation and testing activities to ensure the team meets deadlines and milestones as outlined in project plans.
• Additional ad hoc special projects and analyses for corporate senior management including preparation of Power Point presentations.
• Minimum 5 – 8 years business experience in financial analysis or accounting role
• Prior experience working as a project manager with working knowledge in account management, sales reporting, financial booking and accruals
• Bachelor's Degree with concentration in Accounting, Finance, New Media or Information Systems and Technology required
• Music Industry or Entertainment experience strongly preferred
• Experience working in digital business a plus
• Strong understanding of digital music providers and sales KPIs
• Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel
• Experience with SAP
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook
• Experience with BPC
• Ability to guide a team through their workload, setting clear goals and motivating them to continuously work in a proactive and productive team setting
• Ability to work well with others, is resourceful and motivated to initiate conversations with external as well as internal stakeholders, including being receptive, open minded, and objective when encountering diverse points of view
• Communicate effectively and confidently with varying degrees of management
• Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Track record of analytical and creative problem solving skills
• Be organized, detail oriented, work well under pressure and meet deadlines while managing multiple concurrent tasks
• Have a ''customer service'' mentality to ensure the needs of the various departments and senior management are met in a timely and satisfactory manner
• Must set high standards of performance for one's self, strive for distinction in all tasks and exhibit sense of pride in work product