Senior Quality Analyst
Guildford, United Kingdom
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people.
We are Criterion
For more than fifteen years we've entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our talented people have expressed their passion for world-class game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We'd love to hear yours! Crunch doesn't help make a better game. We don't do it. For the past three years, we are very proud to have been recognized by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let's talk about how you could be a part of it.
The Opportunity Ahead
As an engineer with the Criterion Quality Verification Engineering (QVE) Team and as a member of the worldwide Quality Verification (QV) organisation, you will help ensure that a game will always be stable through every stage of development. You will be tasked to promote the development of and set a new bar for one of the most advanced, feature-complete automation platforms to power the development and testing of games played by hundreds of millions of gamers worldwide.
Your role will be to improve the creation experience for developers, and the ultimate game quality experience for our players. While also using automated testing, workflow tools, development services, and data insights to promote industry-defining game quality by identifying defects earlier, building confidence to support high-quality games changes and getting as much information as possible to fix defects.
You'll partner closely with colleagues and peers within the QV group, as a part of a greater organisation that shapes the services necessary to provide essential, foundational services to studio teams working on the latest and greatest games. All in all, this is an opportunity to determine what automation and game testing means within game development.
What a Software Engineer for the QVE Team Does at EA Criterion
• Work with other engineering and development teams to understand and analyse requirements, problem areas and translate them into technical designs, which are reviewed and agreed upon by relevant parties.
• Lead technical design and implementation of features for advanced game automation services and infrastructure.
• Technically guide, inspire and empower other engineers on your team.
• Design underlying database schema, interfaces, and plan for capacity.
• Implement high-quality code with comprehensive unit testing.
• Be an expert in your area.
• Fix bugs raised from stabilisation, integration and production.
• Work on migrating legacy systems to new platforms.
• Troubleshoot issues raised from production and resolve customer problems.
• Critically evaluate and adopt technologies which improve team efficiency and platform capabilities.
• Code review peer developer's code and share feedback to ensure consistency and quality of code.
• Employ JIRA to organise and manage development tasks and backlog.
You Will Need
• Deep Expertise with Java, C# or C++ and solid computer science background including Algorithm and Data Structures.
• Experience of automated testing services, systems and methodologies for large-scale automated software testing, preferably within games.
• Familiar with or have worked previously within different engineering disciplines of game development, whether graphic programming, networking engineering, engine development, etc. and able to explain concepts and ask
• Passion about customer, partner and quality
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
• Great compensation package
• Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
• Private medical insurance and dental care
• Pension scheme
• Life insurance
• Stock plans
• Free onsite gym
• Employee discounts
• Rail season ticket loan
• Annual game points and digital download allowance
• Onsite café
• 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
• Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
• Casual dress code
• Games Area
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.