Business Planning Manager
San Mateo, CA
Business Planning Manager (Contract)
This position is for a 6-month temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services.
San Mateo, CA
The Global Store and Services (GSS) team are part of a vibrant organization that manage both the transactional store and subscription businesses for PlayStation. GSS brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with relevant and entertaining content. This area of Sony Interactive Entertainment has seen significant growth in recent years to become a key revenue contributor an, continyueingd new business opportunities. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, working together at the forefront of digital content distribution. As part of this, we are expanding the San Mateo based Business Planning team responsible for driving accountability for business results through rigorous cost and margin management, accurate forecasting and planning, implementing KPI frameworks linked to our goals, and empowering the business with data and intelligence. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator, is data-driven with a strong analytical mind, extremely detail oriented, and thrives in a fast-paced commercial environment.
• Partner with Finance and Global Business Operations for all budget, forecast, and general GSS guidance needs
• Accurately forecast weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly performance across Store and Services
• Work with global teams across GSS, GBO, Finance, and others in wider organization to identify trends needed to build intelligent forecast models
• Provide robust commentary on Regional and Global P&L to leadership, interpreting the complex factors behind results and presenting in a clear and concise manner
• Managing headcount and Overheads to budget and forecast
• Partner with GSS Budget owners: support decision making, advise on OP impact on business initiatives and identify opportunities to improve profitability
• Provide P&L management and cost improvement insight
• Analyse current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, and expense
• Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analysing causes of unexpected variance
• Partner with business stakeholders to understand their evolving business needs and provide actionable insights
• At least 8 years of relevant FP&A experience
• At least 2 years' experience within a digital environment
• Bachelor's Degree in relevant field such as Finance, Economics or Business
• Consistent track record evaluating financial impact of business decisions
• Highly proficient using Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
• Inventive in finding solutions to business problems
• Strong communication skills, a proactive attitude and delivery focused
• Data-centric & analytical with good planning skills and commercial focus
• Strong ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships
• Worked as part of a team that crosses multiple countries and time-zones
• Both detail and 'big-picture' conscious
• Able to operate and communicate at a senior level within SIE as required
• Ability to have flexible approach to working hours to support global business operations.
• Provide senior level mentorship to more junior members of team
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site