The Master Control Operator is responsible for the overall on-air look of television stations through airing programming and scheduled station breaks in a centralized broadcast hub environment.
• Updates and maintains signal control systems
• Maintains programming logs as required by station management
• Segments content and clips to the server and then trims and modifies it
• Prints traffic logs and appends logs to the data management system
• Monitors strength, clarity and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals and adjusts equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts
• Selects sources from which programming will be received, or through which programming will be transmitted
• Reports equipment problems and ensures that repairs are made and makes emergency repairs to equipment when necessary and possible
• Ensures the station's compliance with Emergency Alert System requirements
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum three years' experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment (More or less depending on market size)
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Strong PC/MS Office experience
• Experience with digital transmitters and other broadcast-related equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Previous broadcast hub or Master Control experience preferred
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site