Post Production Finance Operations Business Partner
Los Angeles, CA US
This is an exciting time in the production, post-production, and content-creation spaces. We are entering a period of technology-driven disruption that hasn't been seen in 25+ years since the introduction of non-linear editing. We are creating a culture where the team is encouraged to be self-starters who continually strive to be better and learn more while having fun. A culture where team members are not afraid to fail or try new things because that is the quickest path to innovation. Endless curiosity about how things work and a strong understanding of what ''customer service'' actually means are valued traits. A solid understanding of production and post-production processes, broadcast technology, IT, and agile methodologies is a must-have, along with a sense of humor.
Fox Entertainment is currently looking for a Media Operator to join the Production and Post-Production and Technology group on a freelance basis. You will be filling a critical role supporting the technical workflows within Fox Entertainment and be responsible for all video ingest, media organization, manipulation, and distribution. You must have the ability to work efficiently under pressure and as a team player with other operators and engineers as well as demonstrate high attention to detail.
This role is responsible for delivering a high-quality viewer experience to millions of viewers across FOX networks, digital platforms, mobile applications, websites, and licensing partnerships. In short, we bring great FOX content to YOU!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the entire media supply chain for all assets which includes completing media requests for all FOX Entertainment internal and external teams
• Process media through various asset management systems and add metadata when required
• Assist in the quality control of the network and online spots; analyze QC reports
• Manage and track the department's international deliverables
• Transcode of digital video files
• Maintain a current and accurate understanding of all workflows and work-in-progress
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3+ years of hands-on experience in a similar position, occupation, or role is highly desired
• Effective time management of requests and working across projects simultaneously
• History of being the go-to technical problem solver for a group preparing or receiving media
• Extensive understanding of video encoding
• Quickly analyze and reconcile problematic files and suggest fixes or alternative workflows
• Great attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and well organized
• Experience with cloud-based production and post-production environments, collaborative workflows, and the use of applications and tools in these environments