Virtual Production 3D Generalist
Vancouver, BC US
• Partners with studio leadership to deliver the highest quality animation
• Works with animators and cross-department supervisors to identify and solve problems, both technically and artistically
• Liaises with other production team members to ensure production deadlines are met
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum eight (8) years of visual effects production and leadership experience for live action feature films
• Proven technical and leadership capabilities
• Experience in leading, mentoring, and training large teams
• Exceptional organizational skills; understands how to prioritize tasks, assignments with team skills
• Expert kowledge of Nuke and Maya is required
• 3ds Max, Photoshop, and Zbrush experience is a plus
• Must have a strong sense of animation: acting, staging, posing, weight, timing, storytelling, and staying on model
• Strong understanding of the language of the camera; framing, perspective, lenses, coverage, continuity, camera movement, blocking, etc.
• Strong understanding of the principles of animation, exceptional artistic skills
• Solid animation grounding, preferably action-oriented; previs experience is a plus
• Solid camera animation work (laying out shots, staging, using film cameras or on-set experience)
• A good attitude and ability to smoothly change and adapt with the project
• Background or experience in fine arts, which shows a thorough understanding of physical motion, weight, and balance
• Knowledge of human and animal anatomy as well as life drawing skills is desirable
• Ability to debug technical problems and follow up with the team to ensure animation is implemented
We offer extended medical, disability and dental insurance.
Please only apply once. We keep your application details on file for both current and future job opportunities. If you are applying to more than one position, use the same email address on all applications. Only re-apply if your details have recently changed.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site