WINS News Anchor
New York, NY US
WINS News Anchor (Part-Time)
1010 WINS, New York's premier all-news station, is looking for part-time News Anchors. If you understand that compelling writing, great storytelling, and creative use of sound make for a great news product on-air and in the digital space, then we want to hear from you. New York is one of the most diverse cities in America. Our stories reflect its people, issues, politics, and quality of life. You must have the ability to work in one of the most demanding fast-paced newsrooms anywhere.
This is an extremely high-energy position that will require you to have a working knowledge of legal and FCC rules. Anchor responsibilities and requirements include:
• Extensive writing under deadline pressure
• Ability to continuously update copy throughout shift
• Must be able to read and understand complex material and turn it into easy to understand copy
• Must be able to run your own board including running faders for traffic, weather, sports, live reports, and other field elements
• Understand back-timing and hitting posts every few minutes throughout show
• Stay in control during breaking news without a script
• Handle live interviews
• Work with a team of seasoned professionals
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience, preferably in a major market
• Knowledge and use of social media (including but not limited to Twitter and Facebook)
Please send resume and a brief paragraph explaining your news philosophy. Aircheck must accompany resume to be considered.