WGN-TV is searching for a Producer of Digital Content for per diem and vacation relief needs .
• Prepare , write, copy-edit and post news, sports, community, programming and promotional content from television and other sources for the web site, mobile platforms, and social media sites
• Build special sections and other custom content for breaking news and other ongoing coverage efforts
• Administer and moderate social media outreaches including Facebook pages and Twitter accounts
• Work closely with news, programming, promotions, and sales departments
• Ensure factual, grammatical and legal accuracy online and uphold the station's established journalistic standards to avoid editorial bias
• Three (3) years of experience as a digital news producer or related experience
• Must be familiar with Wordpress and AP writing style
• Must be regularly available for shifts on weekdays and weekends, across all dayparts
• Must have strong news judgment and work with the assignment desk to plan daily stories and content
• Excellent writing and editing skills, attention to detail
• Familiarity with news writing and journalistic standards
• Ability to function under extreme deadline pressure
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site