The Membership platform team at Netflix is looking for a seasoned and passionate Engineering Manager to lead the team's full-cycle development efforts. Our team builds and supports systems for various aspects of Netflix subscriptions such as streaming holds/release, signups, plans and pricing for Netflix members around the world. Membership services are in the critical path for the Netflix streaming service, so we must design and operate them to be highly scalable and resilient to failure.
As the manager of the team, you will be a key leader within the Netflix Subscription Platform and will be expected to balance delivering robust software at high velocity, while ensuring high performance and availability of our tier1 systems.
This is an exciting role, and to be successful, you must have a strong background in software engineering, distributed systems architecture and operations, and technical execution. It requires previous experience as an accomplished leader of a talented and capable team of very senior software engineers. Ideally, you will have experience in leading teams through evolving architectures for scale in transactions and product growth in global markets.
Specifically, you will:
• Drive the ongoing technical vision, evolution and innovation of subscriptions and products for global markets.
• Partner with Product, Payments and peer engineering teams to execute for long term success.
• Lead change through ongoing rewrite of underlying infrastructure and operational abilities to align with ambitious goals of the subscription platform.
• Lead and grow a team of top-talent distributed systems software engineers.
• You have a passion for, and experience in solving large-scale distributed systems challenges. You have had a demonstrated success as an engineer/architect of complex distributed systems prior to transitioning into manager.
• You are experienced using technologies in several of the following areas: microservices, various IPC models, Java, Spring or Guice, cloud-based deployments (AWS preferred).
• You are equally passionate about working with engineering and non-engineering stakeholders. A strong partner, who can collaborate effectively and selflessly.
• You are a strong communicator, with the ability to share technical ideas and direction across the organization and a proven ability to influence decision making at all levels within the organization and in a variety of contexts.
• You have experience in building and leading a talent dense team of senior engineers, and are comfortable delivering and accepting candid feedback.
• You are great at strategizing vision, evolving roadmaps based on changing business needs and motivating teams to execute on them.
Netflix offers a creative culture that values freedom and responsibility. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other protected class. You can read more about our stance on diversity here.
Some of the work from our team:
Building Resilience in Production Migrations
Mobile Only Launch In India
Price Changes across the globe
Building financial Systems on Eventually consistent DBs
Netflix Tech blog