Software Engineer II
Galway, IE IE
ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
We're EA-the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles-Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield, and Star Wars, to name but a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform-from social to mobile to console-to give our consumers that Anytime, Anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those leading their fields, and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
You will oversee the following:
• Responsible for managing all projects and repair activities throughout the data center
• Diagnose and troubleshoot all data center, network, hardware, and storage related issue
• Perform data center, network, storage or server upgrades, integration, rebuild and other projects.
• Identify and create documentation for the global data center knowledge base
• Work with diverse teams on a given project as an expert.
• Experience in vendor management with a good understanding of SOW, service delivery and Service level agreements
• Help plan and optimization of data center space, working with network and storage teams to optimize port, using and cable runs
• Provide hands-on management of Data Center services, including rack and cable management
• Participate in on-call rotation providing 24x7 support
• 3 years data center engineer experience
• Experience with data center technologies like power distribution systems, UPS, CRAC, generators, air handlers, PUE, etc.
• Good technical depth and working knowledge in either network, server or storage arena Experience with automation, scripting or programming is a plus
• Experience working across multiple teams, building partnership and networks.
• You will have a track record working with teams through ticketing systems
• Understand Change Management and Security Best Practices
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent required
Compensation and Benefits
At this location, we offer benefits like… great compensation package and benefits package including but not exclusive to; bonus, shares, pension, life assurance, long-term disability protection. Other cool perks include free games!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records observing applicable law.