Principal Data Analyst
New York, NY US
The Senior Data Analyst in the DSS Enterprise Portfolio Team will assist in evolving all aspects of enterprise wide portfolio management strategy and will heavily influence and contribute to new process design, development and execution. Additionally, this position will be able to master exploratory analysis, advanced reporting, data modeling and visualizations to serve the dual purpose of driving decision making and delivering fact-based actionable recommendations. This role requires a strategic mind-set as well as analytical skills and the ability to apply those effectively to achieve results.
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Walt Disney Company's Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney's Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney's international media operations and the Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company's ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
Disney Streaming Services (DSS) is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company's Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; the Disney SVOD service, Disney+; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
• Deeply understand portfolio data and the composition of projects and programs that impact key results and outcomes
• Perform root-cause analysis to identify patterns in portfolio data
• Explain data anomalies, develop data visualizations and reporting to drive key messaging and recommendations
• Support new strategy, processes design, reporting, and communications
• Operationalize new processes so that they can be maintained in an on-going and efficient manner
• Create informative and well-organized presentations that contribute to overall business needs and goals
• Able to digest product roadmap and articulate potential technical workstreams
• Perform ad-hoc assignments, including leading and supporting special projects
• Work closely with related teams to ensure alignment with broader strategy
• 5+ years of analytical work experience
• Demonstrable work experience with Tableau reporting and visualizations (we will assess this in the interview process)
• Experience in building financial and / or data models with predictive analytics
• Experience collecting, validating, and analyzing data. Must be able to manipulate data, develop visualizations, triangulate and summarize results.
• Must have a passion for accuracy and a strong drive to create new processes and utilize tools that have yet to be explored; it is essential to be able to maintain a balance between the details and the larger picture
• Ability to engage with the business and use data analysis to influence key stakeholders at various levels
• Ability to translate high-level requirements into functional specifications
• Strong written, verbal, and analytical skills
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced highly iterative environment
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with demonstrated ability to organize and schedule work effectively
• Ability to successfully work with all levels of management, especially in a matrixed environment
• Previous work in a PMO or analytics team, ideally providing analytics to inform portfolio decisions is desirable
• Degree in analytical field such as mathematics, computer science, or a related quantitative field
• Advanced degree is a preferred.