Head Of Finance, KYAC
Burbank, CA US
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Manager, Participation Ultimates for the Financial Planning & Analysis department. The Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) department is responsible for financial statement consolidations and analysis, and film cost computations for Warner Bros. Entertainment, Inc. The results of these efforts are submitted to Warner Bros. Senior Management, WarnerMedia and various outside parties.
This position is responsible for calculating participation ultimates for Theatrical, and Television that are accounted for at the corporate level. This includes interpretation of contractual information, constructing participation ultimate models, calculation of quarterly participation ultimates, and ensuring the accuracy of participation and residual obligations. This position is also responsible for the reconciliation of all participation liabilities on a scheduled basis.
This position will also be involved in special projects within the Film Ultimates group of FP&A. Responsibilities will include involvement in projects related to new by-title system or business process projects, coordination with the corporate participations group on film product issues, Sarbanes Oxley and audit support, and other projects as required.
• Execution of excel financial models used to compute ultimate participation liability, and updates to current estimated ultimate participation amounts for Theatrical and Television products managed by FP&A.
• Manages monthly participation ultimates and analysis for Theatrical, and Television products managed by FP&A.
• Interpretation of deal memos/contracts/abstracts from Rights/Legal departments specific to Theatrical and Television products used in the calculation of participation obligations to third parties and co-finance partners.
• Interpretation and calculation of cross collateralized distribution deals and multiple co-finance partner deals.
• Works closely with Financial Investment Analysis, and Television and Theatrical Production as required.
• Performs quarterly close related activities as required.
• Performs periodic reviews of participation liabilities for Theatrical and Television product, including extensive analysis of accrual and payment details.
• Compare participation statements to participation ultimate calculations to ensure completeness, accuracy and consistency.
• Ensures all required reconciliations are completed with sufficient documentation.
• Documents and communicates requirements for additional system reports, calculations and changes.
• Reviews and maintains documented departmental procedures in a complete and timely manner.
• Ensures compliance with SOX requirements and internal and external auditors.
• Coordinates with Corporate Participations and Residuals group and Financial Investment Analysis on the reconciliation of by-title accounts and the streamlining of common tools among the groups.
• Participates in SAP system projects and other projects as required by FRB management.
• BA/BS degree in Accounting, Economics or related field required, advanced degree preferred.
• Working knowledge of SOP 00-2 required.
• CPA/MBA preferred.
• Minimum 5-7 years experience in an accounting/budgeting or related environment required.
• Previous experience in public accounting and/or the entertainment industry required.
• Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial statements.
• Strong overall understanding of Participations, including the ability to read and understand complex legal agreements.
• Prior experience in Participations is strongly preferred.
• Must have thorough knowledge of film and television deal structure and contracts.
• Strong overall understanding of film and television distribution.
• Must have effective writing and verbal communication skills; required to communicate effectively with all levels of Warner Bros. and WarnerMedia personnel.
• Strong analytical and logic skills including ability to grasp the ''big picture''.
• Strong financial modeling skills.
• Advanced proficiency in Excel required.
• SAP experience, including BW/BPS, preferred.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site