Los Angeles, CA
It's an amazing time to join Netflix Animation as we continue to shape the future of global animated entertainment. We are bringing new stories to millions of people worldwide in Traditional, Stop-Motion, and Computer Generated formats. To support our growth across our Animated productions (Series, Features, and Adult) we are looking for an exceptional Writing Outreach and Engagement Coordinator to join our team. We'll give you the context to be effective, the resources to be efficient and we'll get out of your way so that you can curate a personalized experience for our candidates as they learn more about the work they would do and people they'd do it with if they were to join our talent outreach program.
This is the rare opportunity to come and join us, to help us discover writing talent to tell global stories. You'll not be a cog in a vast machine, you'll make your mark and make a difference. You'll help shape the future of this emerging program. How cool is that?
You'll collaborate with Talent Acquisition, our hiring managers, and members of our creative teams to design exceptional candidate experiences that reflect the Netflix Animation inclusive culture. You'll also support our efforts in academic relations, events, and studio branding.
In this role you will:
• Support outreach strategies through general administrative and coordination for both internal and external outreach visits, conferences, festivals, academic-based events, workshops, and related initiatives.
• Partner 1:1 with one of our Outreach and Engagement Program Manager to deep dive into their particular area of Animation expertise and background.
• Use your ninja level Powerpoint, Keynote, and Photoshop skills to create awe-inspiring presentations and graphic images to be used across social media platforms.
• Assist in the script reading process including log and file of notes, coverage, and candidate experience, all while maintaining a high level of database integrity for our outreach initiatives.
• Coordinate event planning efforts including travel and accommodation logistics, facility requirements, any food and beverage needs, AV media equipment needs, follow-up and related duties for a successful event.
• Find yourself on stage talking to an audience or working the floor at a networking mixer. In all opportunities, you'll serve as a Netflix Animation brand evangelist sharing your informed opinions.
• Communicate the right information to the right people at the right time. Your tone of communication is professional, but not overly fussy. After all, we make cartoons not file legal briefs.
• Quickly respond to new information (shifts in pace, volume, structure, and strategy), reprioritize effectively without compromising on quality; know, and understand the value of people over process.
• You are meticulous regarding data hygiene.
• Marketing experience highly desirable.
• Basic screenwriting knowledge
• Awareness of current TV treads
• Are open to travel and comfortable with occasional non-traditional business hours (after all, Netflix is a global company).
• Solid knowledge of animated production techniques and practices, while not necessary, would be ideal.
• You are an attentive and hospitable host for our candidates while they are onsite at the Netflix Animation studios. Even if candidates are not chosen they should feel the experience was well worthwhile.
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 183 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause, and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site