London, United Kingdom
Discovery Digital Media is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Inc, a high-performing global team working at the dynamic intersection of Technology and Entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we continuously leverage our technological capabilities to create immersive viewing experiences for iconic brands including Eurosport, GOLFTV, MotorTrend and DPlay.
Dplay is a streaming service with both an SVOD (subscription video on demand) and AVOD (advertising video on demand) proposition. Part of Discovery Networks, DPlay gathers the best content from a local country - and the world's - largest TV channels, including Channel 5, Channel 11, TLC, Discovery Channel and Eurosport. It means world-class content, from breathtaking entertainment to gripping documentaries.
As the QA Tester, you will work within a team of Test Engineers to ensure that our Dplay apps across Web, iOS, Android and Connected Devices are bug-free, meeting quality specifications and goals set out by the business and expected by our customers.You will work as part of the Product and Software Development Teams, ensuring new features have adequate test case coverage and app releases have no defects in them. You will be the last line of defence and be empowered to keep our quality bar high. In addition, you will use your knowledge and professional experience to influence technical decisions regarding testing tools and processes.
• Writing effective test plans, user stories and test strategies, keeping within agreed timescales and budgets
• Execution of test plans prioritised based on an assessment of risk, budgets and timescales
• Completing regular regression tests
• Sign off content for broadcast, in doing so verifying support for target browsers, devices and hardware
• Recording any issues found with precise documentation
• Troubleshoot and communicate any issues to the appropriate team/colleague
• Proactively communicate on the status of issues and projects to relevant staff and departments
• Work closely alongside Developers in Test to define and approve test automation
• Frequently share knowledge amongst the team to improve testing across the board
• Advocate and contribute to best practices on test implementation
• Explore opportunities to improve testing efficiency as part of the QA process.
Key Skills and Experience
• Experience testing large-scale high-profile platforms
• Experience working with different devices and browsers
• Diligent with attention to detail
• Advanced troubleshooting skills
• Effective time management, able to work within specified time constraints
• Ability to multitask across several workloads
• Comfortable working within a fast-paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal, written & verbal communication skills
• Experience using Testrail
• Experience using JIRA
• Experience with GitHub
• Knowledge of BDD syntax
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.