Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Remote / Virtual
Due to significant growth within the department, we are looking to add new members to our busy Development team.
As a Product Support Engineer at ZOO, you will be responsible for providing first and second line customer support to users of our products. The role will require you to troubleshoot technical issues, provide timely customer feedback, and support the roll-out of new applications, among other duties.
Based in Sheffield, UK, but working as part of a global team, you will be required to deliver flexible 24/7/365 cover, including weekend and out-of-hours support, where needed. This role involves tight integration with the development team, which is based in Sheffield, so as a resident 'expert' you will also be required to act as a focal point for any escalated requests from the global team.
While most of the contact is via our online support system, you will also be required to discuss issues with the global team and talk users through issues using web-based screen sharing tools. The creation of written support documentation and training is an important aspect of the role. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are therefore essential.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, keen to learn, and able to act on their own initiative.
• Manage and respond to first line support requests direct from our user-base.
• Manage and respond to second line support requests escalated from the global support team.
• Speak to users to quickly get to the root of their problem.
• Help users troubleshoot issues whilst using our products.
• Talk users through a series of actions to resolve a problem.
• Work with the development team to identify and resolve issues.
• Ensure support requests are actioned within specified response times.
• Provide timely and accurate information to the user.
• Follow up with users to ensure the problem is resolved.
• Manage the priorities of the support requests.
• Identify improvements to our products and support information based on support issues.
• Support the roll-out of new applications.
• Provide support in the form of procedural documentation, FAQs and help articles.
• At least two years prior experience in tech support, desktop support, or a similar role.
• Proficiency in Windows/Mac OS.
• Experience with remote desktop applications and help desk software.
• Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
We employ the brightest and most original thinkers in our industry. We value all the folks that make ZOO a great place to work. Along with a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits which include:
• Flexi time
• Pension scheme
• Free city centre parking
• 25 days holiday
• Free fruit and snacks
• Staff Socials
• Share scheme (save as you earn)
• Reward and Benefits Portal - ZOOPerks
• Unlimited access to over 5000 courses on Udemy for business
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz54eq-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.
Since 2001, we showcase, localize and distribute the movies and TV shows the world wants to see. All powered by awesomeness. We help Hollywood studios, global broadcasters, online retailers and independent distributors reach audiences everywhere. Securely and efficiently. We combine our world-class cloud technology with amazing client teams in the UK and US, some of the most talented in-territory translators in the industry and a growing network of trusted local partners - to deliver awesome results for our clients.