A problem isn't truly solved until it's solved for all. That's why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you'll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish - working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us - and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
In this role, you will work across YouTube and Google to shape our vision for managing content compliance at scale. You will regularly engage with leaders and teams within legal, product management, and engineering as we balance compliance priorities with our users needs and with our company's values. You will be designing, implementing, and maintaining operational best practices at a level that addresses our biggest content compliance challenges across our broad geographic presence.
You will work closely with our central compliance team, a community of experienced compliance leaders, to support an enterprise-wide culture of compliance and coordinate effective compliance strategies across the enterprise.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun - and we do it all together.
• Partner across the business to identify, develop, and manage effective policies, processes, tools, etc., to mature sustainable ongoing content compliance.
• Mange and mature the compliance controls portfolio for YouTube with special emphasis in our Trust and Safety operations, serving as a hub to drive toward and coordinate priorities.
• Influence and support stakeholders in identifying and closing gaps, mitigating risks, and adopting processes and controls that scale across the business.
• Manage issues that occur due to control failures, working with teams to drive resolution, and supporting executive decision-making on priority and resourcing.
• Provide program management expertise on cross-functional compliance initiatives, including emphasis in content compliance for both creators and users.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 8 years of experience in program or project management.
• Experience defining, scoring, and assessing compliance controls against legal requirements and/or industry standards.
• Juris Doctor degree and/or relevant industry certifications.
• 8 years of experience managing cross-functional and/or cross-team projects.
• Experience leading or enabling compliance-focused process design and mapping.
• Experience in risk or compliance management responsibilities in a product setting.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb5y8e-44-201-96-43-42 in your application.