Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage various Engineering-specific programs and teams.
As a Leadership Technical Program Manager, you'll lead execution efforts for projects or programs that span multiple organizations and product areas. You will lead the development of new products and features to create new revenue sources and increase business growth, and also drive technical discussions on product design.
As you lead cross-functional/organizational projects, you will negotiate scope and timelines with technical dependencies that drive changes to support the launch of a product. You'll leverage and apply subdomain expertise in a relevant engineering discipline to lead efforts on domain, product, or service improvement.
• Lead your team, allocate work, communicate an insight, and strategy that informs team goals.
• Lead efforts to track all key metrics pertaining to a program, monitor potential metric deviations, and propose corrective actions for critical deviations.
• Define key program metrics based on technical or program needs, lead cross-functional teams, and drive action to ensure program success. Develop, delegate, and lead corrective actions to address organizational challenges.
• Lead strategic programs, act as an authority in the domain to guide leadership on making decisions to advancing product/program excellence.
• Identify, communicate, and collaborate with relevant stakeholders across functions to drive impact and work toward mutual goals.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
• 8 years of experience leading cross-functional programs for consumer-facing products.
• 5 years of experience in a leadership role with/without direct reports.
• Experience collaborating with and influencing executives in situations without authority and with ambiguity.
• Master's degree or advanced degree in a related field.
• 5 years of people management experience.
• Experience hiring and growing your team, especially through the lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Ability to gather, distill, and analyze data into actionable insights for executive audiences.
• Ability to tailor your message to disparate audiences.
• Exceptional communication skills and emotional intelligence.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6xjy8-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.