WWMT/CW7/wwmt.com in Kalamazoo, MI has an immediate opening for a Senior Digital Producer!
The ideal candidate will be a newsroom leader who will work with the content manager and other newsroom leaders to guide a team producing, writing, and posting stories to our digital platforms utilizing a content management system and other digital tools. This person will be a trusted voice in editorial meetings in identifying multiplatform content opportunities and will work with reporters and the assignment desk to oversee that all digital platforms are being updated. The candidate will provide copyediting and story review support for digital team members, help lead newsroom trainings and be a trusted liaison to fellow newsroom team members in executing our day to day content first vision.
• Identify social media and web publishing opportunities for all newsroom staff
• Assist in trainings with newsroom staff
• Be newsroom liaison on companywide digital strategy
• Track analytics and use data to drive daily publishing decisions
• Assist in directing news assignments specifically related to digital content
• Copy edit reporter and digital team stories for accuracy, grammar, style and brand
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• Knowledge of websites, content management systems, social media platforms, and personal social media usage
• Experience in television news gathering and logistical planning
• Strong news judgment
• A strong team player who can inspire teams to achieve a shared goal
• Experience in creating and executing full-scale digital campaigns with social media and web
• Experience with Google Analytics
• Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Solid understanding of AP Style
• The ability/willingness to be work a flexible shift including nights, weekends, and holidays
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g46761-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.