WWMT/CW7/wwmt.com is seeking a dynamic Digital Reporter/Producer to join our team!
This position is an integral part of a fast-paced newsroom environment. Along with being responsible for getting breaking news and daily stories on wwmt.com and other platforms as timely as possible while serving as a Digital Producer, the position also allows the employee to serve as a Digital Reporter fronting social media trends and stories for broadcast.
The main day to day responsibilities of the role will include…
The Digital Producer will edit, write and manage news stories, photos, videos, live streaming and interactive content for all digital platforms, including wwmt.com, mobile, social media and emerging technologies. The Digital Producer will also react to and post breaking news quickly and accurately and will keep in constant communication with the assignment desk and news producers as stories develop.
As a Digital Reporter, your responsibilities will include reporting, shooting and editing news stories, enterprising story ideas, developing contacts, as well as other responsibilities as assigned. You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to television.
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
• Must be a self-starter
• Have strong writing and editing abilities with attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent project management and communication skills
• The ability to meet short deadlines, multitask, and work well under pressure
• Ability to tell memorable and meaningful stories. We value visual and compelling storytelling.
• Ability to demonstrate experience with active and visual live shots
• Sharp news judgment and critical thinking is key
• Knowledge of AP style
• Computer skills
• Strong understanding of web technologies
• Professional-working knowledge of social media platforms and engagement
• The ability to work well independently
• Experience with live shots is preferred
• Experience with Live-U is a plus
• Proficient with non-linear, digital editing and newsroom systems, such as Avid and iNews
• Must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record
• College degree in Digital Media, Journalism or Communications strongly preferred
• 1-2 years of professional experience preferred
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4y2bz-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.