- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionAward winning WVNS-TV has a rare opening for the right person. Right now.
If you want to make money in a fun, fast paced and highly creative atmosphere,
this could be the time and place for you to spread your wings. If you're driven and self-motivated,
ambitious yet understand the meaning of team and love creative challenges - we want you.
The official title of the position is Account Executive.
The way we see it is you'll be the band leader for your clients.
A hard working miner looking for new businesses to help.
A witty, wise writer who can strategically alliterate within a well written script.
An artist capable of using crayons and video.
A multi-media maverick.
A lover of all things digital.
A reliable and fun person that clients and staff can rely on.
We could go on, and we will, once we sit down together.
Can't forget this…the all-around great person hired for this position will primarily
focus on out of market/market adjacent accounts such as those in the wild and wonderful
State Capitol Charleston, WV.
Yes, there are back-end mechanics that go along with all of this money making.
Not too worry we'll train you extensively so that you'll be very comfortable with the process.
We'll also supplement your commissions while you're learning and growing!
Sound too good to be true…wait there's more!!!
Just read the job description outline below.
Then apply online.
It's that simple!
Our General Sales Manager Mark Ford and our Local Sales Manager Dennie Large are looking forward to talking about all this and more with you soon.
The WVNS Sales Account Executive works within established guidelines to increase sales volume with assigned accounts, aggressively seeks new clients for both TV and eMedia business, and executes plans and strategies set forth by sales management. The ideal candidate for this position will have previous media sales experience. The Account Executive hired for this position will primarily focus on out of market/market adjacent accounts such as Charleston, WV.
• Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
• Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
• Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
• Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
• Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
• Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
• Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Minimum one year's experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
• Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjqky2-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.