WVLT is located in beautiful Knoxville, Tennessee. In addition to producing 50 hours of newscasts each week on CBS affiliate WVLT, the station takes advantage of its co-owned CW-affiliate to expend its news audience by producing two hours of additional weekday morning news and nightly 10 p.m. newscasts.
At the door step of the Smoky Mountains and on the banks of the Tennessee River, Knoxville is home the competitive 60th largest television market in the country. In addition to being home to the University of Tennessee's flagship campus, Knoxville sports a walkable downtown, sophisticated mix of culture and cuisine, a diverse and robust employment sector, advanced medical care, and amenities found in big cities yet in a city that retains a small town feel.
The MMJ should be skilled at handling breaking news details and have the ability to convey complicated news information without a script. The successful candidate thrives on the changing and immediate nature of television, and enjoys tracking down information. The ideal candidate must be able to produce and deliver daily content on a variety of platforms including, live TV, internet, social networking sites and mobile. They must also understand and embrace the importance of the multi-platform newsroom.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• A degree in journalism or related field and a minimum of three years reporting experience required. Broadcast experience preferred, particularly anchoring and reporting Understanding of the Knoxville metro and surrounding areas helpful
• Familiarity with television broadcast news operations and ability to operate a TVU preferred
• Must be available to work holidays and be able to manage a flexible schedule
• Social media and web skills essential
• Good driving record
• Familiarity with WSI Systems (preferred but not required)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8ye8-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.