WTAJ-TV, WeAreCentralPA.com is seeking the next digital content wizard to join our team. Our audience growth has been astounding, and we're looking for the right person to generate the content our communities rely upon. This individual must possess the technical know-how to create the narrative of great stories. Digital and video editing, story writing, social media directive, and website content management are critical tools necessary for the position. Do you have the skills to be a Digital Content Producer?
The Digital Producer leads the transition from broadcast focused newsrooms to multi-platform newsrooms through active daily example; providing training in methods, processes and tactics; as well as in creating/editing original content beyond that which is produced for on-air.
As a Digital Content Producer, you are responsible for updating WeAreCentralPA.com by creating high-performing content, and helping to report the news. This includes everything from local stories to breaking news and national reporting. You will be out in the community, finding answers to stories that matter most to the area. This role will work on building a loyal local audience through data analysis finding out what our users care and want to see in our news reporting.
In this role, you will also have a focus on content distribution. This includes developing and implementing a plan to generate web traffic and deliver our brand identity. You must be highly motivated with an ability to focus on a constantly changing target. You need to have a mind for creativity to help implement goals for WTAJ's various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and more. You will also help grow the audience for our online newsletter.
• Develops and leads winning strategy for station content
• Expert understanding of Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms
• Reviews copy and will correct errors in content, grammar, and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
• Use our Social Media and Website to build and reinforce brand recognition and drive viewers to television
• Determines a story's emphasis, length, and format, and organizes material accordingly
• Research and analyze background information related to news stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information
• Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions
• Pitches on-brand local and trending stories during morning meetings
• Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts
• Shoots and edits content for on-air and digital
• Produces reports for all platforms
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Builds and calendars digital campaigns to promote local shows and specials.
• Writes stories for the web and other digital platforms
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Finds new ways to use Social Media and our website to engage with viewers
• 2 years of experience as a digital content producer and journalism, with background in social media management.
• Capable of researching, interviewing, and writing original news articles
• Clever headline/social post writer that gets readers to click
• Ability to moderate tone voice to fit platform and brand needs
• Strong multi-tasking abilities
• Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision maker
• Knowledge of audience behavior trends and technical ability to affect them
• Ability to monitor and analyze metrics to change strategy as needed
• Knowledge of AP style and SEO best practices
• Understanding of effective writing styles for internal and external audiences
• Some schedule flexibility (nights, weekends)
• Enjoys working in teams and has excellent interpersonal skills
• Regularly meets measurements of success
• Proficiency in Photoshop and Premiere
• Understanding of Google Analytics
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d94kv7-3-238-180-255-42 in your application.