WSAW is Wausau's first TV station, debuting in 1954. It is a CBS affiliated station that serves northcentral Wisconsin. Northcentral Wisconsin is known for its agriculture, manufacturing, healthcare and the area is a tourism destination.
WZAW is Wausau's FOX affiliate and home of ''Packer Football'' airing more Packer regular season games than all other stations combined. WZAW produces local newscasts M-F at 4:00pm and 9:00pm.
We are seeking an experienced anchor/reporter to join our award-winning news team at WSAW/WZAW-TV, the CBS/FOX/CW-affiliate in Wausau, Wisconsin. You will anchor and produce our 4 p.m. newscast Monday through Friday.
The ideal candidate will have a strong on-air delivery, and also embrace our digital content. We expect them to have a strong presence on social media and our digital platforms, including writing for our website, wsaw.com.
Our anchors are involved in the community and involved in the newsroom. The person we hire must have a positive attitude and be an ambassador for the station by making personal appearances at community events. The ideal candidate will also be a coach to our younger reporters and producers. You will be expected to turn some day of coverage, special reports, as well as live report & field anchor during breaking news and community events. Bottom line: we're looking for a leader-someone who doesn't hesitate to make decisions and get the job done and someone who can work closely with the rest of the team to create engaging newscasts.
- Excellent writing skills, news judgment and ethics
- Degree in Journalism or Communications
- At least one year of anchoring experience preferred
- Driven to enterprise organic news content
- Understands digital/new media platforms and strategy
- Smooth and effective delivery of content for live broadcast
- Strong work ethic, organizational and leadership skills, and the ability to make deadline
- Develop and maintain sources of information and knowledge about assignments
- Participate in story selection process through meetings, and contribute story ideas daily
- Present TV stories in alternative and creative ways that emphasize storytelling techniques
- Must be able to carry 35 pounds of gear
- Must hold a valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Familiarity with ENPS, Grass Valley Edius, Sony XDCAM cameras and Arc Publishing preferred
- Ability to travel for assignments, as needed
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33049-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.