WSAV-TV in Savannah, Ga. has an opening for a Multimedia Journalist. We are looking for an aggressive, creative self-starter who knows how to develop contacts and regularly produces the lead story. Candidates must have the ability to operate on their own to develop stories from concept to live and/or recorded presentation on air and on digital platforms. Daily engagement on social platforms is a must including the timely use of Facebook Live. Develop contacts, enterprise and research news reports for broadcast and digital. Excellent news judgment, interview and writing skills necessary. Photography, editing and use of live backpack technology is necessary.
• Produce investigative stories that impact viewers
• Develop sources and contacts in the community
• Work with management to enterprise and develop stories and promotable Special Reports
• Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
• Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
• Ability to uncover, expose, and find solutions for stories that will prompt change in the community
• Contribute research and analysis on major breaking news events on air and online.
Requirements & Skills:
• Knowledge of how to dig up, look through, and process information.
• Ability to request and interpret FOIA documents
• Ability to produce data-based Journalism
• Detail oriented
• Demonstrate editorial judgment using knowledge of journalism ethics and libel laws.
• Strong on-air reporting, writing, and technical skills
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.