Full Time Job
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionNexstar Media Inc.'s WSAV in beautiful Savannah, GA Market #89 seeks a Chief Engineer. As the station exists today, the building and infrastructure are effectively functioning and in excellent condition. Significant major projects have all been completed in the past four years, but there is always more to do. The Savannah market is an enjoyable place to live, work, and play. Great weather all year a healthy local economy, reasonable housing prices (for now), and some of the best food you will enjoy, make Savannah a highly desirable location.
The Chief Engineer oversees the day-to-day operations of the Engineering Department and is responsible for the maintenance of all broadcast technology and equipment at the station.
• Manages all aspects of the Engineering Department
• Plans and manages staffing, training, and performance evaluations for the Engineering Department
• Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees
• Maintains all broadcast technology and equipment for the station
• Ensures station compliance with FCC rules and regulations, as well as all local, state, and federal regulations applicable to the station
• Works with corporate leadership to develop and implement new technologies and technical infrastructure for the station
• Manages the information technology staff and system
• Assigns projects to staff and verifies that deadlines are being met
• Works with corporate leadership to manage engineering and technology capital projects to the established budgets
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Requirements & Skills:
• Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
• Minimum five years' experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment, with at least three years' experience in a leadership role
• Experience guiding, directing, and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
• Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
• Experience maintaining the broadcast transmitter and RF skills
• Strong PC/MS Office experience
• Experience with fiber connectivity, production setups, A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems and editing systems
• Experience with digital transmitters, microwave equipment, and other broadcast-related equipment
• Significant experience evaluating, selecting, installing, servicing, and maintaining broadcasting industry equipment and information technology systems
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3v3m4-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.